Panel discusses art and business

Art is changing and SMU is following close behind. The future image of the nation’s arts and pressing issues will all be revealed.

Arts and Culture Community Forum, a panel discussion presented by a joint venture between Meadows School of the Arts and the Cox School of Business, will be held on Monday.

The forum will broadcast Meadows’ future plans for a National Center for Arts Markets and Arts Management Research.

The informational panel discussion will include panelists Dr. Zannie Voss, chair of SMU’s Meadows’ Division of Arts Management and Arts Entrepreneurship; Rick Lester, president of Target Resource Group; Flo Gardner, senior associate of Pew Cultural Data Project; and Neville Vakharia, project director of Pew Cultural Data Project.

The Pew Cultural Data Project and TRG Arts are arts marketing firms dedicated towards strengthening the arts and cultural sector.

Both organizations have increased art patronage and revenue nationally.

The companies ideas and efforts will be a model system for the new center at SMU.

Leaders from TRG and Pew Cultural Data Project will discuss their success across the U.S. along with the impact of combining their strengths at SMU.

The collective effort will support and build SMU’s vision of thenew center.

Will you be there for the arts revelation?

The panel discussion is free and will take place at Crum Auditorium-Collins Executive Education Center from 5 p.m. to 6 p.m.