This weekend on campus

You don’t have to go very far if you’re looking for something new to do this weekend. Here are some great events that SMU is hosting:

“Papers”The League of United Latin American Citizens is presenting the story of undocumented youth in America, and the challenges they face when they turn 18. The movie will be shown tonight at 7 p.m. in the Hughes-Trigg Forum at no cost.

Battle of the Bands KPNI Radio and Program Council are teaming up to present Battle of the Bands. Nine bands will compete for $1,000 and the chance to play at the Granada Theater. The competition will be held in front of Dallas Hall on Saturday, Nov. 21, at 3 p.m.

Mr. UniversityPi Beta Phi will present its annual philanthropy event Mr. University tonight in McFarlin Auditorium. Tickets are $10 and proceeds will go to Heroes for Children and Circle of Support.

Theta Late NightJoin the Thetas late Friday night for all-you-can-eat food and music. The price is $10 and benefits their philanthropy, CASA. The event will be held from 1 to 3 a.m. on the front porch of the Theta house.

“Bartolomé Esteban Murillo in the Meadows”The Meadows Museum will be hosting a gallery talk tonight, delivered by SMU student Miranda Dunn. The event will feature her research and perspectives on paintings in the museum’s collection. It takes place in the Virginia Meadows Galleries at 6 p.m. and is free.