Reikyu gives sushi a fresh face

In Dallas, there are so many sushi restaurants to choose from, that sometimes it can be overwhelming when trying to decide where to go for good food. For those in need of a great restaurant that can easily double as a place for an amazing date or to hang out with friends, I have decided to share a secret.

The menu consists of appetizers, salads, entrees, dinner specials, sushi and sashimi, sushi rolls and desserts. The wide variety of food makes deciding what to eat hard for some, as Reikyu is known for purchasing the freshest of ingredients. Patrons can choose items from the menu or they can take a seat at the sushi bar and let one of the chefs create a meal that is simply divine.

Reikyu has classic appetizers such as edamame and spring rolls, which are staples found at many other restaurants. There are also more unique appetizers, such as the Potato Crab Cake, which I love to eat. The dish has a slight hint of seafood, but is spicy enough for sensitive palates.

My favorite entrée is the Sake Robata, which is a grilled salmon resting on a bed of rice with mango cream sauce on top. The sauce consists of mushrooms, red bell peppers and onions, and has a tangy mango flavor.

Reikyu also features dinner specials, which consist of three different types of bento boxes, a sashimi or a sushi dinner. There is also “Roll and Sushi for two” option, along with a Combination Rolls platter.

Reikyu Sushi & Bar is located at 5321 E. Mockingbird Lane in Mockingbird Station. For restaurant hours, visit the restaurant’s Web site at .reikyudallas.com, or to make a reservation please call 214-823-3772.