SMU at Villa-O tonight

Calling all “SMUdents.” The campus Marketing Club and favorite neighborhood restaurant, Villa-O, have teamed up to bring you an event you won’t want to miss.

The amiable staff of Villa-O will exemplify their good-neighbor policy as they open their doors on Thursday with an SMU special, in celebration of their favorite Mustangs.

“We’re a neighborhood restaurant, and SMU really is our neighbor given its proximity,” Steven Elsea, Villa-O’s vice president of operations, said. So grab your friends and head down the street for an upscale block party like you’ve never seen.

Thursday will mark the launch of “Mustangs at the O.” Whether you’re looking for dinner or just drinks, make sure to bring your SMU ID. Villa-O places a high value on your pony card, offering 25 percent off meals and $3 drink specials every Thursday, for all who flash this exclusive “reward card.” This Thursday will be extra special with complimentary butler-passed appetizers and the attendance of SMU’s very own “Styled, Spotted, Snapped,” fashionista photographers. Come dressed to impress in your favorite cocktail attire.

SMU’s Marketing Club, in their second year of existence, created Thursday’s event to promote Villa-O’s exclusive specials on campus. The club, headed by its president, William Friend, meets once every two weeks to provide students the opportunity to experience marketing in the real world. Highly impressed with Villa-O, they selected the restaurant to be the subject of their first promotional project this year.

“It’s a wonderful restaurant with some excellent specials that more people at SMU should know about, and that’s where we come in,” Friend said. “I think that Villa-O is a great place. I find the food to be sublime, the drink specials are thirst quenching, and the hospitality is like no other.”

Whether this is your first stop of the night or final destination, we’re giving you our recommendation to swing by this social gathering for a fun, budget-friendly night.

Food will be served until midnight and the bar will stay open until 2 a.m.Villa-O is located at 4514 Travis St. See villaorestaurant.com.