Break out of the mid-semester slump with fun Dallas activities

If you’re in the middle of a semester slump or just getting bored with the usual routine, be sure to check out some of these great Dallas deals and neat events.

2nd Annual Jingle BashCan’t think of creative ideas for your holiday shopping? Visit the Jingle Bash on Nov. 21 from 1 to 7 p.m. for a look at quality handmade goods from over 40 local artists and designers. The bash features music, a full bar, a free raffle and goody bags for the first 50 shoppers. Located at 3414 Elm St. Go to etsydallas.com for more info.

Dollar Day at the ZooThere’s no better time to visit the Dallas Zoo than on Nov. 24. You’ll probably have brisk weather and you’ll definitely get dollar admission and dollar deals in the park. You can take the DART red line to the zoo entrance and save $7 on parking. The zoo is located at 650 S. R.L Thornton Fwy.

Balloga Fitness ClassTired of your usual treadmill-and-sit-ups workout routine? Balloga meshes ballet and yoga in a 45-minute class taught by former Cowboys cheerleader Lauren Castillo. Classes are offered four times a week and only seven people are allowed in each session, so reservations are required. No prior experience or knowledge of ballet or yoga is necessary. Classes are held at Vert Fitness and Wellness Center at 1909 N. Henderson Ave. Visit vertfit.com for more info.

Tracy MorganLove old Saturday Night Live episodes or the hit show 30 Rock? Morgan will be doing stand-up at the Lakewood Theater on Nov. 27, located at 1835 Abrams Pkwy. Go to ticketmaster.com for tickets.

The Johnny Rodriguez Salon $99 SpecialIf you need a new ‘do and you’ve never been to the Johnny Rodriguez Salon in Highland Park, you can get a color, cut and style for just $99 (a value of $175). D Magazine has recognized the salon as one of Dallas’ best in its wedding edition. The salon is located at 5450 W. Lovers Lane. This offer is good until Nov. 14. For more info go to johnnyrodriguezsalon.com.

Kerbey Lane Pancake Mixes It might not be an event, but if you’ve ever been to Austin, you know that Kerbey Lane is the diner of all diners. Now you can bring it home with pancake mixes – the perfect breakfast or late night snack. Mixes include holiday flavors like pumpkin, gingerbread and apple wheat. Buy them at Central Market for $5.75 a bag. Central Market is located at 5750 E. Lovers Lane.