Residence housing sign-up begins

Residence housing sign-up begins
Photo by Ben Briscoe, The Daily Campus
Residence housing sign-up begins

Residence housing sign-up begins (Photo by Ben Briscoe, The Daily Campus)

Resident Life and Student Housing is hosting sign-ups for residence halls and SMU apartments in the month of March.

For students wishing to live in the same residence hall, sign-ups began Thursday and continue through today.

The process is held in the respective residence hall.

If a student wishes to live in a different resident hall, sign ups will be held on Day 3 or 4, March 4 or 5.

Unlike last year, these days will be held in the residence halls only – not in Hughes-Trigg.

Students who want to live in an on-campus apartment need to apply in the Hughes-Trigg Ballroom on March 30, from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.

If students have a roommate for next year, they can pick the room they would like when they sign up.

If both roommates live in different halls, one roommate may be “pulled” into the other resident’s building on Day 2 from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.

If students want a hall that neither of them live in now, each of them should sign up on Day 3 or 4 and list the other person as their roommate request.

Mutual roommate requests made during Priority Signup are guaranteed.

If all suitemates are returning to their current hall, they should go to Day 1 or 2.

If suitemates live in different halls, each person should sign up during his or her applicable Priority Signup and request their suitemates on the Priority Signup Application form.

RLSH will honor as many suitemate requests as possible, but suitemate requests are not guaranteed.

If you are in the honors program, you are eligible for residency in Virginia-Snider, the honors community.

For questions or concerns please calls RLSH at 8-2407 before March 21.