Eight top eats for your dorm room fridge

Don’t feel like going out to eat? Need a little snack to get you through that late night study session? No fear, the eight top eats are here. Take a look at the healthiest options that are also super convenient.

VeggiesKeep bags of sugar snap peas, carrots, celery sticks and cherry tomatoes for a late night healthy bite. Chewing will stimulate your brain to keep you on track while studying.

All Natural Peanut ButterStore it in your fridge or keep it on your shelf. This energy-packed food shaves off hunger, and furthermore, the saying holds true to “eat fat to burn fat.” Just make sure to stick with two tablespoons per serving.

Sugar-Free JellySmucker’s has a brand of sugar-free jelly. Each tablespoon is a mere 10 calories, saving you 40 calories with each scoop compared to regular versions. Add jelly to a classic PB&J, cottage cheese or even cereal for a fruity treat.

TortillasAh yai yai! Tortillas are a great staple to keep in your room. La Tortilla Factory has the best with 80 calories and 12 grams of fiber per tortilla. No worries about these ruining your diet.

CheeseCottage cheese, string cheese and cream cheese. You can’t go wrong. Just stick with fat-free or reduced fat versions. Aim for three servings of dairy a day for effective weight loss and management.

CerealChoose Fiber One Original cereal. Each 3/4 cup has 70 calories and 10 grams of fiber. It even tastes good! Add some cinnamon powder for extra flavor.

FruitCantaloupe is the best fruit to eat in the morning. It has one of the lowest glycemic indexes of any fruit, which means eating it will not spike your blood sugar levels (which give you sugar high/lows during the day).

Sugar-Free Snack PacksThese rich delights are a mere 70 calories and come in scrumptious flavors such as chocolate fudge, caramel and Boston crème pie.