Fashion on campus

A rosy future
Sergio Rossi metallic sling-back pump, $732, Studio Sebastian; Raina rose gold high-waisted metal belt, $150, Scoop; Scoop rose gold metal watch, $48, Scoop; Appart A Lower rose pave ring, $235, Scoop.
Stuart Palley

Sergio Rossi metallic sling-back pump, $732, Studio Sebastian; Raina rose gold high-waisted metal belt, $150, Scoop; Scoop rose gold metal watch, $48, Scoop; Appart A Lower rose pave ring, $235, Scoop. (Stuart Palley)

As spring kept winter’s metallic trend going, summer has added a twist to this year’s favorite fashion accent.

Now that silver and gold have had their time to shine, there is a third player in the game of dressup. Ladies, I am pleased to present to you rose gold, your wardrobe’s new best friend.

The unique color combination of rose and gold is a softer and more feminine way to wear a metallic. Pure silvers and golds have a tendency to be harsh and can sometimes serve as more of a distraction than a style boost. Rose gold is the new fashionable way to complete almost any outfit, and here are some helpful hints on how to wear it:

1. Pairs well with patterns – think florals.

2. Steer clear of mixing with bright, primary colors.

3. Blends with soft pastels and deep hues.

4. Instantly glamorizes dark or beige denim.