iShape offers voters more info on issues

With elections coming up in November, talk of the candidates is everywhere.

People begin to have pre-conceived notions of each candidate based on advertisements, media coverage and overall reputation.

iShapePolicy, a new political technology site, seeks to give people the chance to find the best candidate based on issue.

iShapePolicy’s newest application, iElectTM, gives voters instant match results for the 2012 presidential race.

The application allows users to find their “best matched” candidate based on their own personal views and key issues.

The application does not take into consideration one’s political party either.

“The growth in public discontent within respective governments around the world clearly indicates citizens feel their views and well-being are being disregarded,” Brendan Watson, iShapePolicy’s Co-Founder, said. “While a substantial surge in people becoming interested in politics is not something we expect will happen overnight, our vision for iElectTM is to help lay the groundwork and foster a connection between citizens and the views they feel would be best represented by those candidates seeking public office.”

The site hopes to reduce disappointment among citizens after the election because with the application citizens will be able to vote for the candidate who has the same views.

Once a voter provides key information on his or her own personal viewpoints, the site takes research on the candidate and provides matched-based on a weighted score.

Users can compare the results and information.

Afterwards, the application encourages users to learn more about each candidate by providing links to the campaign websites, Facebook and Twitter.

“I think that the application is a great idea because it lets people make a decision based on the issues they care about rather than whatever party is popular at the time,” sophomore Meera Nair said.

The site also offers information on voting trends and top matches across all the membership according to different demographics.

This allows members to compare their own results to other users on the site.

iShapePolicy’s iElectTM is only functional for the 2012 U.S. presidential race currently, but it hopes to expand to other political races in and out of the U.S.

To become a member and find your candidate match, visit www.ishapepolicy.com