Keeping your hard-earned Spring Break body

Florida, the Bahamas and California are what students are dreaming about and anxiously waiting to take their flights to locations around the world on Friday.

With spring break coming and many leaving the books behind to hit the beach, students have become much more aware about making more trips to the gym.

But once students are out of Dallas and away from Dedman, it can be hard to find a place to workout, especially in some smaller vacation spots.

For students who are going to beach locations, the beach presents the perfect workout arena.

Running on the beach gives a great workout because of the resistance that the sand gives.

A barefoot run on partially wet sand will give students cardiovascular and muscle exercise.

Also, some sets of sprints will raise the body heart rate if students are looking for a quick way to get some exercise before working on their tans.

Students can also do sets of lunges, push-ups and abdominal workouts on the sand, which will keep their spring break body toned through the week.

Aside from running, the ocean presents the perfect place to get in some cardio.

Many will already be swimming and snorkeling with friends, and just by getting outside, students can fit in a workout while having fun in the waves.

Swimming for 30 minutes can burn about 300 calories, according to Harvard Health Publications. Even snorkeling can burn about 200 calories in half an hour.

Utah, Mammoth, and Lake Tahoe are also options for students looking to play in the snow before summer.

Students who are leaving Dallas to colder vacation spots can also get a good workout while having fun.

Skiing and snowboarding are a good workout and can burn calories.

Thirty minutes of skiing can burn about 400 calories, so a couple hours of skiing is equivalent to a good workout (Harvard Health).

No matter where students are going to vacation next week, they can stay in shape and have fun.