O’Reilly 300 Preview

BUSCH SERIES O’REILLY 300 FAST FACTS

Race Length: 300 miles/150 laps

Location: Texas Motor Speedway, Ft. Worth, TX

Start Time: 2:00 p.m.

TV Broadcast: Fox

Front Row Starters: Denny Hamlin No. 20 Chevrolet (Pole) Reed Sorenson No. 41 Dodge

The NASCAR Busch Series O’Reilly 300 is Saturday, the seventh race of the season. Temperatures are lower at the track than they have been all week, so the cars will have more grip as they go through the corners.

Denny Hamlin will start the race on the pole. While this is his first career pole, Hamlin has started on the front row in the second position twice this season, once at the Autodromo Hermanos Rodriguez road course in Mexico City and also at the Las Vegas Motor Speedway. Hamlin goes into Saturday’s race third in Busch Series standings 138 points behind series leader Kevin Harvick.

Harvick will start the race in the 21st position. He will be driving the No. 33 Dollar General Chevrolet on Saturday, a car from his race team, Kevin Harvick, Inc.’s stable. Harvick is splitting time in the Busch series driving for his team in the 33, as well as driving the No. 21 for his NEXTEL Cup team, Richard Childress Racing.

Jack Roush has entered six cars in the race. Todd Kluever, Mark Martin, Matt Kenseth, Danny O’Quinn, Carl Edwards and Greg Biffle will all be piloting Roush Fords around the 1.5 mile Texas track. A seventh Roush driver, Jamie McMurray, is also participating in the race, but in Rusty Wallace’s No. 64 Dodge.

Kurt Busch, who drove McMurray’s cup ride until last year and is now is Wallace’s former cup ride, will drive in his first Busch race in his career Saturday. Busch is required to display the rookie stripe, the yellow sticker rookies have on their back bumper, but was not allowed to participate in the rookie practice on Thursday.