Partner’s Card: the best of both worlds

Ten weeks of shopping at a twenty percent discount benefits The Family Place non-profit
A list of participating retailers and restaurants

With America’s down-turned economy, everyone is scrambling to save and shy to spend. Amidst all the budget balancing, charities across the country are sliding down a few places on the nation’s fiscal priority list. Many possess the mind set that paying bills and helping the community cannot be simultaneously accomplished during these unfortunate times. But one local charity has established a happy medium with their unique fundraising concept.

The Family Place is a non-profit organization that fights against family violence and is the largest of its kind in Dallas. It provides a variety of award-winning programs that educate women and children on how to protect themselves.

The Family Place has used intervention, crisis counseling and emergency sheltering throughout their 30-year effort in ending family violence.

Not only does the organization focus on a larger philanthropic agenda, but it also lends a hand to underprivileged children by feeding over 50 of them per day.

The Family Place is now offering the Partner’s Card, a special discount offered to any individual wishing to save money and support a great cause.

The card is $60 and gives holders access to 20 percent off at more than 750 businesses in the Dallas area. The cards can be purchased from any participating restaurant or retailer, Family Place representative, the organization’s Web site or by direct mail.

How exactly does the charity benefit from the Partner’s Card?

One card buys three weeks worth of infant diapers and one night of shelter for a woman and her child.

Five cards supply the funds to run eight telephone crisis lines consistently for four weeks and a DART family bus pass for two months.

Ten cards buy a four-month stock of prescriptions and emergency shelter, food and counseling for two children for one week.

One hundred percent of the initial $60 required to obtain the Partner’s Card is donated directly to the Family Place. The card is valid for just 10 weeks from Oct. 30 to Nov. 8. Visit familyplace.org or partnerscard.org for more information.