SMU rowing team dances off on Today Show

SMU rowers’ viral video took them to NYC to appear on the NBC Today Show.

The SMU women’s rowing team is making a name for themselves across the nation with their now viral video of the team members pretending to dance on the ceiling of a van to Carly Rae Jepsen’s hit, “Call Me Maybe.”

This video was meant to challenge Harvard’s baseball team’s cover of the song, which can be seen here.

However, the rowers take Harvard’s baseball team’s video and turn it upside down. The ladies mimicked the baseball team’s choreography with their feet.

Although the video was “removed by user” earlier, it is now back up on YouTube and available to view.

The viral video showdown led to the SMU women’s rowing team to New York City where they appeared on the NBC Today Show Thursday morning.

During the show there was a showdown between the SMU women’s rowing team and Harvard’s baseball team.

Now there is a poll on the Today Show’s website to vote for who performed the Carly Rae Jepsen parody better.

“This experience has been unreal! Really a dream. The whole time we were asking each other “how did we get here?” team member Emily Carstens said. “We were flown in last night and then we were taken to the Waldorf-Astoria to stay the night. This morning we went to be studio and reported to hair and makeup. We all felt like rock stars. This has been such an honor representing not only SMU, but also female athletics. We are excited to come home and celebrate with our friends and family.”