Apple to release next generation iPad

It’s official — Apple official.

Apple sent out invitations Tuesday that read, “We have something you really want to see and touch.”

Despite rumors of the event being held in New York City, this clever riddle reveals that Apple will debut the next generation iPad on March 7 in San Francisco.

The event will take place at the Yerba Buena Center for the Arts.

“I am so excited to see what the new iPad 3 looks like and what new additions it will have,” sophomore Nicole Matthews said.

“I wasn’t expecting it to come out so soon.”

Much speculation has generated about the next iPad as usually occurs for any new Apple product ensues whenever Apple is to release a new product.

Some assumptions include features, pricing and even the name.

Apple has continuously proven that it will undoubtedly have some major surprises for its consumers — as it did when it released the new iPhone 4 S.

“There are so many rumors about any Apple product before it comes out that it’s almost obnoxious to even try to preempt their events or describe their products,” senior Rob Burns said.

What is certain about the next generation iPad is that it will be powered by a quad-core CPU and host 4G LTE data connectivity.

In non-tech geek terms, the 4g LTE data connectivity will allow the iPad to run ten times faster as the current iPad 1 and 2 running on 3G.

The quad-core CPU allows less of a delay when running the different applications, particularly video or gaming applications.

Until March 7, speculations will run rampant about the new iPad.

Who knows, maybe it will be called the iPad 2 S? After all, Apple remains a mystery.