The weekend guide: Texas vs. OU game

Dallas plays host to the Red River Rivalry this weekend as throngs of fans flock to the Cotton Bowl to watch one of college’s oldest (and fiercest) rivalries. Even if you weren’t lucky enough to score a ticket to the game, Dallas still has a ton of options for football fans to kick back and watch the Longhorns and Sooners face off once again.

Urban Taco

Mckinney Ave.

Urban Taco will be serving up a special brunch menu from 9:30 a.m. to noon with bottomless margaritas and mimosas and a breakfast taco bar. There will be several large screens displaying the game, with stadium style seating outside and even an outdoor bar. They will transform their parking lot into a mock “state fair” with face painting, snow cones and even a dunk tank. Proceeds go to Young Texans Against Cancer and First Descents.

Granada Theater

Greenville Ave.

Doors open at 10 a.m. for a watching party featuring large HD projectors. It’ll be like you’re at the game, minus the sunburns, lines and rowdy fans. If you aren’t already convinced to show up for the ultra watching experience, you can also order food and beverages from their full bar, and smack-talk to your hearts content from the comfort of your indoor chair. Tickets go for $21.65 and can be purchased online at www.granadatheater.com.

BLACKFRIAR PUB

MCKINNEY AVE.

A perfect day to spend on a nice big patio, Blackfriar Pub will play the game on two large screens and one projector screen. A hip area filled with young professionals and hip 20-somethings, they will open shop early at 10 a.m.and will be open til 10 p.m. Their full bar will be available all day, as well as their full menu. And once you’re done drinking and watching the game, go sleep off your long day and head back in the morning for their Sunday brunch. They will be serving several drink specials if you’re up to it, including bloody marys and sangrias.

“THE MAT”

MCKINNEY AVE.

If you’re lucky enough to have a ticket, the McKinney Ave Tavern will provide rides to the game via their “MAT-mobile.” If not, head to McKinney Avenue and enjoy watching the game on one of their screens and order drinks from their full bar. DJ Spinderella will be spinning tunes all day, and if you feel like splurging, you can spend $1,000 for a VIP table for 10 with bottle service, free appetizers for 10 and four buckets of ice cold beer. Or, you can pop in to watch for a while and have a beer, or you could act fast and reserve a table before it’s too late.