White Arrows band leaves Granada audience wanting more

Courtesy of White Arrows

(Courtesy of White Arrows)

White Arrows, a band based out of Los Angeles, were the opening act at the Granada Theater on Thursday night, but the end of the performance left the crowd wanting to hear much more.

White Arrows’ sound isn’t typical of the average rock or alternative band, incorporating synths and elements of electronic, pop and even dance. The resulting melodies are very fresh and unique, easily making listeners nod their heads while listening.

The band, which was playing in front of the more well known “Naked and Famous”, is on its very first official tour. Dallas was just one stop in a tour that will take them to Philadelphia, Boston, New York City, and back home to Los Angeles.

White Arrows played an eight-song set on Thursday that featured mostly new material off of their upcoming, yet-to-be-named project.

Almost every song played at the show was sonically and aesthetically pleasing, fueled by an energetic performance that still made the audience relax and vibe to the beat. Guitars, Bass-heavy synths, a keyboard, a very talented drummer, combined with an easy-going yet soulful voice by the bands lead singer Mickey Church all mesh together to form a group that is definitely on the rise.

“This being our very first full US tour has been incredible. Almost every

show has been sold out, and every city we play is a city we’ve pretty

much never been to before… There have been nothing but good vibes and love,” Church said.

The band formed after Church had written and recorded while he was away at school. He came back to LA and formed the band with his brother,

half-brother, and two friends. The band, which consists of Mickey (guitar), JP (guitar), Henry (drums), Steven (bass), and Andy (keys), has been playing live together for almost two years.

“The name (White Arrows) was consequence of a shamanic journey, but is free for interpretation,” Church said.

When asked about future aspirations Church replied, “We would like to play above the atmosphere in space, and see and feel first hand what it’s like to strum a string with zero gravity.”

Artists can dream.