Don’t be fooled by Kerry’s service

From the Right
 Dont be fooled by Kerrys service
Don’t be fooled by Kerry’s service

Don’t be fooled by Kerry’s service

Let me preface what I am about to say with a disclaimer.

I fully respect the military service of John F. Kerry. From it,he received three purple hearts, a bronze star and a silver star.It is not his service that I take issue with. It is how he hasportrayed his military service during his campaign that disgusts meso.

The Kerry we see now is a far cry from the John F. Kerry of theearly 1970s and because of this about face, we must question hismotives and his character.

What you won’t read on page one of the New York Times orhear as the lead story on any major news network is hispost-Vietnam war behavior. You won’t hear about hisinteraction with “Hanoi Jane” Fonda, America’smost outspoken critic, or his leadership within the VietnamVeteran’s Against the War, America’s most radicalpro-communist group.

As one of the most outspoken leaders of the VVAW, Kerryorganized and led protests against the war and urged the U.S. towithdraw from Indochina and return it to Communist rule. Whilespeaking before Congress regarding the atrocities he saw while onduty, he used phony veterans to testify to acts of violence theycould not have possibly committed.

In addition, on April 23, 1971, Senator Kerry led the VVAW asthey threw their medals at the steps of the Capitol in protest.

However, when the scope of the war diminished, and the issue wasnot politically advantageous for Kerry, he left the VVAW and waselected to the Senate.

If you were to walk into the Senator’s office though, youwould find those very same medals that he threw at the steps of theCapitol proudly displayed on the wall. When questioned, he claimedto have thrown someone else’s medals. How convenient.

Now I ask you, is this the John F. Kerry we see on the campaigntrail today? Is this the same man that 30 years ago was sooutspoken against the Vietnam War that he sided with apro-communist group?

No it is not.

What we only see is a war hero, someone who is quick to embracethe same veterans he blatantly opposed. I question the man’scharacter and you should too.

Are these qualities you want in a potential president of theUnited States? I certainly don’t.

Let me say it again: I do respect his service to our country.Many chose not to serve in Vietnam.

However, just because he served does not mean his military pastdeserves a free pass out from underneath the media’smicroscope.

The man was against our country; he was against our servicemenand women when they needed support the most.

He used the war for political gain back then, and he is using itfor political gain right now.

Swede Hanson is a MBA student at the Cox School of Businessand host of the KPNI political talk show “Truth BeTold!” He may be reached at [email protected].