Meadows appoints new administrator

SMU has appointed Zannie Giraud Voss the chair of the Division of Arts Administration at the Meadows School of the Arts.

Voss most recently worked as a professor of theater studies and markets and management at Duke University. She was also the producing director of Theater Previews, a professional theater company.

“We are delighted that Dr. Voss has come to SMU,” said José Bowen, dean of the Meadows School of the Arts, in a press release. “She brings an incredible international reputation as a teacher, scholar and administrator and we are confident she will continue the excellence and growth of the Arts Administration Division into an international program.”

While at Duke, Voss also served as an adjunct associate professor at the Fuqua School of Business, and will also have a joint appointment with the Cox School of Business.

“There are both critical issues and a vast spectrum of opportunities facing arts organizations,” said Dr. Voss. “I believe that there is not a better place than Dallas, with its entrepreneurial spirit, and SMU, with its commitment to the arts and innovation as well as its global perspective, to nurture and inspire the next generation of arts leaders who will reshape the profession.”

The SMU Arts Administration Division offers a two-year graduate level program to train administrators and managers for leadership roles in arts organizations. It is the only arts management-training program in the country to require the completion of joint degrees concurrently, a Master of Arts in Arts Administration and, through the Cox School of Business, a Master of Business Administration.

“We are already in conversation with some of the world’s leading arts management programs to establish exchange relationships that allow SMU Arts Administration students an integrated perspective on cutting edge management and policy issues internationally,” said Voss.

Voss received a Ph.D. in management science from the Institut d’Administraton des Entreprises in Aix-en-Provence, France. She earned an M.B.A. from Texas A & M University and a B.A. from Louisiana Tech University. She is also an affiliate professor with the Euromed Marseille School of Management in France.

-The Daily Campus