Lisa Frankenstein was released to theaters Feb. 9th and was released to digital platforms Feb. 27.
"Lisa Frankenstein" Review
February 29, 2024
The program for SMU Lyric Theatres performance of Suor Angelica and Gianni Schicchi, Dallas Texas, Sunday February 18, 2024
Love, loss and laughter
February 27, 2024

Women take Westcott

’05 champions travel to SMU
Courtesy of AP
A 5-year-old holds a sign reading “No More Newtowns” in a gun control rally in New York.

SMU’s Jena Lind (left) UNC’s Nikki Washington (right). (Nick McCarthy, The Daily Campus)

The women open up play at Westcott against the University of Texas – San Antonio on Friday at 2 p.m. This is the first year that UTSA has had a women’s soccer program. They are 2-3 on the year. The Mustangs enter the game with a 2-1-1 record after defeating Sam Houston State University, and tying the University of North Texas.

UTSA has been inconsistent so far this year. Shutting out Grambling and Prairie View A&M, but the Roadrunners have been shutout by Texas Tech, Texas A&M and the University of Texas – El Paso.

Then on Sunday afternoon the Mustangs take on 2005 National Champions, Notre Dame.

The Fighting Irish come into Sunday’s game with a perfect 4-0 record on the season. They do however play TCU on Friday night. Notre Dame holds the No. 1 ranking in three of the four major polls.

This will be the toughest match for the Mustangs this year. Previously it had been North Carolina who held the No. 4 ranking when they defeated SMU 3-0 in late August in Frisco.

The Mustangs come into the game with some ups and downs of their own. They defeated Sam Houston State 5-0 on Thursday night, but were only able to achieve a tie against the University of North Texas. SMU’s other victory was in its season opener against Louisiana State University.