First-year students head off to Mustang Corral

First-year students will be loading up in busses on Thursday for Mustang Corral.

From Thursday to Saturday at Texas Hill Country, students will be bonding with each other through different activities such as round-up groups, spirit groups, diversity activities and much more.

Junior Anthony McAuliffe is a Mustang Corral director. He wants the first years to know that “They should expect it to be hot! However, it will be the most fun they have ever had in the heat!”

First-years will also attend a program called Sneak Preview, where students will be able to meet and connect with current faculty in a relaxed atmosphere.

One of the most important and memorable traditions at Corral is the Candlelight Ceremony. Students share their memories of Corral and SMU and senior Corral leaders will also have the chance to tell their stories of their SMU experience.

“It [Mustang Corral] is important because almost every incoming student participates in it. It is one of the first chances you get to bond with your future classmates as you begin your career at SMU,” McAuliffe said.

After students return to campus, they will attend Night at the Club in their groups with their Corral leader. Night at the Club is a club fair in Moody Coliseum where most organizations on campus set up a booth with information about its first meeting and how to join.

There will also be games, free food and a photo booth on the court of Moody Coliseum for first years take advantage of.