First Texas State Veggie Fair takes place Saturday

If you’re tired of the corny dogs, turkey legs and chicken fried bacon in Fair Park, DallasVegan has an event you won’t want to miss.

Saturday marks the launch of what will hopefully be an annual event: The Texas State Veggie Fair.

DallasVegan.com began as a blog in 2008 and is committed to providing vegan news and supporting businesses that are animal-cruelty free.

This one of a kind event will take place throughout the day presenting a wide variety of food and entertainment in an animal-cruelty-free environment.

There will be a Vegan Fried Food Contest with judges including executive chefs and food critics from throughout the metroplex.

There will be live music from a mixture of genres, including rock, acoustic and electronic.

There will also be clowning acts and fire dancers.

Similar to the State Fair of Texas, the Texas State Veggie Fair will  be selling different kinds of food, but as you might have guessed, the food will be entirely Vegan.

There will be Vegan corny dogs, Frito pie and funnel cakes.

There will also be representation from local and national organizations that support animal rights or other related issues.

This day-long event will take place at the Phoenix Project which is located on Haskell Street, just west of Fair Park.

Whether you plan to stop by for the entire day or just for a few moments, make sure you chow down on the unique range of food, and grab a dog-shaped balloon from one of the clowns.

For more information, visit DallasVegan.com.