The perfect movie for you this Valentine’s Day

Whatever your situation, we have you covered
Photo courtesy of Fox Searchlight

(Photo courtesy of Fox Searchlight)

Girls night in: ‘P.S. I Love You’

Sometimes you just need to cry. “P.S. I Love You” is the perfect tear- jerker for a Valentine’s Day night with your girlfriends. The beautiful romance centers around a widow named Holly who treks to her husband’s homeland of Ireland and finds love. Sweet, sad, and ultimately happy, this movie is the perfect addition to a night of Ben & Jerry’s ice cream.

For the loner: ‘(500) Days of Summer’

Let’s face it: being alone on the day meant for couples is not ideal. But sometimes not having someone can be the best thing. No other movie paints an honest picture of falling in and out of love like “(500) Days of Summer.” The movie follows Tom, a hopeless romantic searching for “the one.” He ends up falling head over heels for Summer, a girl who doesn’t believe in the existence of love. This candid tale is the perfect flick to watch when single on Valentine’s Day.

With furry friend: ‘Marley and Me’

Want a heartwarming film that is fit for a perfect snuggle night with your furry friend? “Marley and Me” will have you laughing and crying throughout the life of the precious yellow Labrador Retriever Marley. By the end of the comedy-drama, you’ll be thanking your lucky stars you don’t have to deal with the chaos Marley stirs up.

With your significant other: ‘The Notebook’

“The Notebook” is one of the greatest love stories of all time. It is about a love that surpasses many trials from social status differences to Alzheimer’s disease. The story, loosely based on a book by Nicholas Sparks follows Noah and Allie, a couple that fall madly in love.Their love is a love that never goes away. Almost everyone has either seen the movie or heard of it. It may seem cliché to watch it yet again, but no other movie compares when it comes to showing the meaning of love. The plot draws you in and you root for the couple from beginning to end. You aren’t just watching their love grow, you feel as if you are experiencing it yourself.  

(Photo courtesy of 20th Century Fox)

(Photo courtesy of Warner Bros. Pictures)

(Photo courtesy of NewLine Cinema)