Beyonce and Clint Eastwood split ways over new project

Thomas takes it
Thomas takes it

Actor Clint Eastwood speaks to delegates during the Republican National Convention in Tampa, Fla. on Aug. 30, 2012. (Associated Press)

Poor Clint Eastwood.

Even before his now infamous “invisible chair” debacle, the director’s take on A Star is Born has been plagued with production issues.

From budget issues to script re-orders, Eastwood’s project isn’t, and won’t be, the easiest story to get to the silver screen.

As if the project needed anymore setbacks, the Los Angeles Times is reporting that Beyonce, who was chosen as the film’s lead, has dropped out of the production.

In a statement the star , Beyonce, said “For months we tried to coordinate our schedules to bring this remake to life but it was just not possible. Hopefully in the future we will get a chance to work together.”

Beyonce would have been trying to fill the shoes of some major named actress.

Eastwood’s attempt at A Star is Born will (hopefully) be the fourth take on the story.

Previous versions of the film included actresses such as Judy Garland and Barbara Streisand.

In terms of politics, Eastwood and Beyonce are polar opposites.

Eastwood, a fevered supporter of the Republican Party, made headlines with his Republican National Convention speech while Beyonce is a staunch supporter of President Barack Obama and has been a familiar face on his campaign trail.

Whether or not their politics is what made the two stars separate for the picture, one thing is for sure: Eastwood’s A Star is Born is a long way from coming to a theater near you.