Sing Song takes stroll on Broadway

Sigma Phi Epsilon, Delta Gamma win talent competition for second year in a row
 Sing Song takes stroll on Broadway
Sing Song takes stroll on Broadway

Sing Song takes stroll on Broadway

The New York City skyline glistened as the curtain opened on “A Night on Broadway” Friday night in McFarlin Auditorium.

This year’s Sing Song consisted of seven acts from SMU fraternities, sororities, residence halls and campus organizations. Comedian Alexandra McHale entertained the nearly sold-out crowd between acts.

Lambda Chi Alpha and Chi Omega, winners of Best Set Design, started the evening with their “Keep Believin'” skit.

The Gamma Phi Beta’s skit, “Fame,” was the story of a girl traveling through the Big Apple in hopes of becoming a star on Broadway. Gamma Phi Julie Sikes won the Best Director award.

“It was great to see everyone’s take on the Broadway theme,” first-year finance major and Gamma Phi Krystal Kriss said.

While Kriss did not perform this year, she said she looks forward to working as a team with the girls next year.

Delta Delta Delta and Kappa Sigma’s “Viva Las Vegas!” skit followed students to Las Vegas, Nev. during spring break.

Corey Yarbrough, first-year business major and Kappa Sig, said he was pleased with his group’s performance.

The Multicultural Greek Council (Alpha Psi Lambda, Kappa Delta Chi, Omega Delta Phi and Sigma Lambda Gamma) presented songs and dances in “From the Streets of SoHo.”

“Their dancing was just amazing,” first-year Kappa Alpha Theta Missy Kuntz said.

In “Summer Lovin’,” the Pi Kappa Alphas and Kappa Alpha Thetas showed what they were really looking for in the opposite sex.

Pi Beta Phi and Sigma Chi performed together in “The Copacabana,” a love story about Lola’s fight to win back her true love.

The final skit of the evening was “Broadway the Man’s Way,” performed by Delta Gamma and Sigma Phi Epsilon.

“It was a unifying experience for the first-years. I would definitely do it again,” first-year economics major and Delta Gamma Ashley Davis said.

Delta Gamma and Sigma Phi Epsilon won first place in the Sing Song competition as well as an award for best choreography.