‘Project X:’ Most extreme party yet

Warner Bros. Entertainment
Party host, played by Thomas Mann, gives his dog Milo a thrill in one of the party’s features

Party host, played by Thomas Mann, gives his dog Milo a thrill in one of the party’s features (Warner Bros. Entertainment)

Expectations were set high for “Project X” when word got out that Todd Phillips, director of the “Hangover,” would be producing the ultimate teenage party film.

Although responsible and conservative adults would find this film superficial and possibly even repulsive, any socialite, clubber or person with a sense of humor would argue Phillips exceeded these expectations.

Through the appealing techno and pop-filled sound track, and ridiculously hilarious series of events, “Project X” summons the urge to “rage” out of audience members after experiencing this movie.

Protagonist and party host Thomas, played by Thomas Mann, initially plans on a 50 person “chill” birthday bash while his parents are out of town.

Little does he know that his best friend Costa, played by Oliver Cooper, got a little too excited and advertised the party to every student around school and absurdly, even on Craigslist.

After Thomas receives his mom’s minivan for his big 17th birthday gift, he’s ready to score a girl now too.

What better way to do it than to be a host of your high school’s most epic party?

By 10 p.m., the once serene and suburban street in Pasadena, California, is turned upside down as barbarous teenagers take advantage of the parent free home.

Costa hires a twelve-year-old security duo in preparation for the festivities, but clearly they were understaffed, especially when an uninvited arsonist crashes the party.

By the end of the film, Thomas’ father finds his Mercedes Benz at the bottom of the pool and the whole neighborhood, including his house, with severe fire damage.

The SWAT team even had to take control of the party when the police force couldn’t put a dent into Thomas’ wild birthday shindig.

The film is definitely geared toward R-rated eyes only.

With plenty of nudity, drinking and language, the ludicrous movie is nothing short of vulgar.

As expected out of every stereotypical film, there is a happy, love-filled ending for “Project X.” Besides bankrupting his parents, Thomas winds up with the pretty blonde he adores most, Kirby.

The plot of “Project X” is something we are all too familiar with, however, although the preposterous events are not relatable to even the craziest party animal, “Project X” will keep you constantly laughing and pitying these naive teenagers.