The Single Gal: Penis Envy

I hope this title captured your attention. I know it would spark my interest. But there is a point to this article that is very important for me to make, especially for the female students on this campus.

I am not sure how many of you remember the article that ran Tuesday. It was titled The Single Guy: Booty and the Breast.

First off, Jane Suhler is correct in her letter to the editor saying this article was tasteless and sexist. Even if you happened to miss it, I think you can pretty much guess by the title the overall content. To add to her opinion, that article is the most superficial and outrageous view of women and I was personally offended, as all women should be.

The last thing I want to do is bash Clark Castle’s article, he is entitled to his opinion just like the rest of us, but I do feel that it is the women’s turn to be heard.

I of course have no idea what it is like to be a guy and I am not going to pretend to know, but I am pretty sure Castle’s article doesn’t help the male reputation. Of course we (and I mean females), like to blame guys for being the “players,” but deep down, women want to believe there are good ones left. Castle’s article basically proves the typical female theory on men. For those “good guys” that are left out there, it is up to you to change these stereotypes women have of men.

Personally, after reading this article, it should be plainly clear why the reputation of men only thinking with their penises exists in the first place.

The truth of the matter is men and women are both sexual creatures. There is no denying it. But to write an article that completely exploits women is unacceptable.

If you “guys” out there can relate to Castle’s article, then good for you. You are the ones we will hopefully be smart enough to stay away from.

But if that’s the case, then it’s about time we tell you what girls look for. If it’s imperative that a girl you are interested in has to have a nice set of T and A, then what is it you think we look for, or do you “guys” even care.

Well, I could easily sit here and write about how women in all actuality think penises are strange looking and quite frankly pretty damn ugly. I could also say they prefer a bigger penis to a smaller one or they would prefer one that didn’t hang to a certain side or one that wasn’t shriveled. But to say that isn’t fair because for the majority of women it may not even be true. That is not the first thing we think of when we encounter a hot guy. Let me stress that I am not writing this article pretending I know what every girl looks for in a guy, which leads me to my point.

Castle wrote an article assuming that every guy out there looks at women as objects. Well, I refuse to believe this. Maybe I am too naive about college guys, but to me, his article is the definition of an immature college student writing about women, when he really doesn’t have the first clue about them.

To the guys that do agree with his article, all I can say is I feel bad for you. College is a time where we take a step closer to becoming adults and try to figure out who we are. If men can’t even look at women respectfully and tastefully, then what does that say for the future of the college students across the country?

It is a fact that women mature earlier then men, so that is the excuse I found for Castle’s article. Although, I still do not agree with it by any means.

In saying that, if you guys are only looking at are the “booty and the breasts,” then I can rightfully assume that your relationships don’t last very long or are just solely based on sex. And that maybe satisfying for a short period of time, but I can guarantee that in the long run you will realize there are more to women. It is true that we too have brains and aren’t as dumb as you sometimes think.