SMU to host soccer invitational

The SMU men’s soccer team will host the Radisson Invitational this weekend at University of Texas-Dallas. SMU got off to a great start this season, taking the title at the Golden Hurricane Classic in Tulsa last weekend.

The Mustangs are 2-0 on the season posting 1-0 shutout wins against the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee and the University of Wisconsin. Both games were won late, the first in overtime, and off the foot of freshman Leone Cruz. Cruz earned the Conference-USA co-offensive player of the week and the tournament MVP for his play.

The SMU Radisson Invitational brings Florida International University, University of California, and the University of Cincinnati.

Florida International comes into the tournament with a 0-1 record, being defeated by South Florida. FIU is in C-USA and will not play SMU in the tournament.

Cincinnati comes to Dallas with a 2-0 record, defeating Xavier and Bradley. The Mustangs will face the Bearcats on Friday night at 7:30 p.m.

California enters the tournament with a 0-1-1 record and ranked of 11th in the nation. The seventh ranked Mustangs will take on the Golden Bears Saturday at 7:30 p.m.

The games not involving SMU are FIU against Cal on Friday at 5 p.m., and FIU against Cincinnati on Saturday at 5 p.m.

Reminder: the games are at the University of Texas-Dallas.