Hear cool (and free) music at Sundown at Granada soon

The Rocketboys are one of the many bands performing a free concert at Sundown at Granada.
Courtesy of The Rocketboys

The Rocketboys are one of the many bands performing a free concert at Sundown at Granada. (Courtesy of The Rocketboys)

The semester is half-way through and it’s time to blow off some steam. Free is a must for college students and combining that with music will make for a fun-filled night.

Lower Greenville will be bursting with live music coming from the Sundown at the Granad seven nights a week starting at 11p.m.

Listing of the calendar events:

Friday, Oct. 26 – The Rocketboys

The band’s music harmonizes rich, heartfelt indie rock with themes of unity and brotherhood.

Saturday, Oct. 27 – Ducado VeGA

These certified game changers combine a fusion of innovative funk and daring rock.

Wednesday, Oct. 31 – The Birds of Night.

The retro rock and roll band fills its tunes with reverb and sound that oscillates with their instruments.

Thursday, Nov. 1 – LeCure (Cure Tribute)

Dallas’ premiere tribute band to The Cure delivers replications of the LeCure’s most popular hits and album covers.

Friday, Nov. 2 – Larry g(EE)

The Dallas-based singer-songwriter twists modern eccentric melodies with funk and smooth soul jams.

The list doesn’t stop here: Sundown at the Granada will be hosting artists from all different genres until Jan. 12, 2013.

Also, music lovers can enjoy the weekly residencies of bands like The Effinays and Whiskey Folk Ramblers.

After wining and dining and enjoying the highs and lows of live music there is still plenty to do right next door.

The Sundown at the Granada is located by the historic Granada Theater. See what else is in store.