Son’s return sought

Sons return sought
Son’s return sought

Son’s return sought

The father of Alexander Weckiewicz pleaded for his son to come back home at an afternoon press conference yesterday in front of Clements Hall.

“Your family and friends are worried…please come back home,” Wojtek Weckiewicz said to cameras, barely able to contain his emotion.

Weckiewicz has been missing since the morning of Thursday, Jan. 13 and was last seen on video camera footage inside the Hamon Fine Arts Library. His last known location was inside the Perkins residence hall, where his card was swiped to enter at 9:30 a.m.

According to Mr. Weckiewicz, his son was having a hard time adjusting to college life, and his difficulties were compounded by low grades during the fall semester. Weckiewicz is a double major in music and physics.

“He was a very prideful person and he would take time in asking for help if he was in trouble.”

The SMU campus has been flooded with flyers in the past few days by friends and family desperate to locate Weckiewicz. His father has been commuting daily from his Woodlands home to assist in the search and spread word of the disappearance. When asked how the past week has been for him he said, “pure hell.”

Despite being missing for more than a week, Mr. Weckiewicz does not believe that foul play is involved.

The Weckiewicz’s have hired private investigator Douglas Crewse to look into the disappearance. He has been on campus talking to students and working with banks and cellular phone providers to try and locate Weckiewicz.

T-Mobile last received a signal from Weckiewicz’s cell phone at a tower by Dallas Love Field. The tower has a radius of twenty miles, leading investigators to believe that he is likely still in the Dallas/Fort Worth area. The cell phone signal went dead on Monday.

Weckiewicz has not made any transactions with his bankcard since his disappearance and had little cash on hand according to Crewse. Nothing is missing from his dorm room and his car was in an on-campus parking garage until police impounded it a few days ago.

Weckiewicz is a 19-year-old white male, 5 feet and 8 inches tall. He has a thin build, short, dark blond hair and hazel eyes. He was last seen wearing dark colored pants with cargo-style pockets and a dark short-sleeved shirt with a horizontal light-colored stripe on the front. Anyone who has information regarding his disappearance should contact SMU Police at 214-768-3333 or at [email protected].