Coach ignores broken ribs

SMU strength and conditioning coach Chuck Faucette is back at practice after suffering broken ribs in an automobile accident. While driving his motorcycle Coach Faucette was clipped by the side mirror of a passing car.

Faucette will be starting his sixth year as a coach at SMU. Previously Faucette was an assistant strength coach at Texas, and was the athletic director and head football coach at St. Pius X High School in Houston.

Not only does Faucette have experience in both collegiate and high school football, but he was also drafted out of high school by the Toronto Blue Jays.

After playing in the Jays organization for two years Faucette attended the University of Maryland where he led the Terrapins to back-to-back-to-back Atlantic Coast Conference Championships and earned all-conference status twice. Drafted by the New York Giants in 1987, Faucette played for the San Diego Chargers in 1987 and 1988. Faucette has even been a part of the Canadian Football League as the Linebackers and Strength coach for the TigerCats.

Faucette began coaching at Crawford High School located in San Diego in 1990. He was hired as the Strength and Conditioning coach at Southern Methodist University in 2000.