Wavves, Best Coast stop at the Granada on Jan. 24

Win free tickets on The Daily Campus’ Facebook page

There is one thing I am certain of, I am so tired of the gross, cold and rainy weather we have been having in Dallas.

If you feel the same way, there is a perfect solution to brighten your spirits this winter.

Two indie surf-rock groups are teaming up to cure our Seasonal Affective Disorder on the Wavves + Best Coast “Summer Is Forever Tour.”

When summer’s not around, this duo is determined to bring it with them wherever they perform.

Nathan Williams of Wavves and Bethany Cosentinoof Best Coast share many similarities aside from their common fuzzy, low-fi, beach-y sound (think punk rock Beach Boys) They are dating, and they have mad love for their feline friends (in particular the now famous Snacks the cat), an equally great love for a particular green plant, and they each put on a wildly fun live performance.

Both loose cannons, you never know if Nathan is going to start a fight on stage, or if Bethany will just talk about her cat—which is an unspoken promise that this show has one of the highest entertainment values around.

They are coming to Dallas with their friends No Joy -– a Breeders-esq shoegaze group from Canada that is equally rockin’– to the Granada Theater, Monday (just a skip and a jump away from campus.)

Whether you want to warm up in the middle of a Wavves mosh pit, or dance from the balcony to Best Coast, you are guaranteed to forget that you are not on a California beach with the entire summer break ahead of you—and that is exactly what I want to feel at the beginning of a semester!

Tickets for this show are only $19 and one lucky SMU student will win a pair of tickets if they are the first person to comment on The Daily Campus Facebook page at 3 p.m. today when the contest begins.