Hughes-Trigg guarantees affordable entertainment from Dallas’ Best

Sometimes it seems so expensive to do things in Dallas.

All of the “in” things just seem so expensive for the college student budget of pebbles and small stones. However, there is a way to get around price. SMU has deals with several outside vendors who offer us unique discounts. It’s a win-win scenario—they get more business and we can actually afford to do something!

Are you into sports? We can get discount tickets to some of the major league teams in the Dallas area. All you need to do is visit their discount ticket websites, listed at the end of this article, and enter the SMU discount code. To get a discount code, please visit the Mane Desk in Hughes-Trigg or give them a call. The teams that offer discounts are the Texas Rangers, the Dallas Mavericks and the Dallas Stars. These discounts can help free up your cash for other stuff, such as a $7 Coke. Just kidding… but really though.

Looking for something to do other than sports? The Dallas Symphony offers $15 student rush tickets with a student ID. Even better, you can get up to two tickets with that one ID. The student rush tickets are announced the week of the concert and subject to availability. Did I mention that they’re $15 each?

Also, Medieval Times offers us a 25 percent discount all year round, simply check out the website link below. And if you prefer to see some wildlife, the Fort Worth Zoo is offering $1 off discounts. You can pick up the discount coupons at the Mane Desk in the Hughes-Trigg Student Center. Lastly, you can also get Six Flags tickets online through SMU. All you need to do is follow the link below and log-in with SMU’s username and password. To get the log-in info, just contact the Mane Desk.

For your reference, here’s a list of the places. Do yourself a favor and check them out. Free may be better than cheap, but cheap is still better than full price. Go to smudailycampus.com for the actual links.

If you have any questions about these discounts or need to get the discount code, stop by the Mane Desk and ask. Alternatively, you can call them at (214) 768-4444.

Sean Casa is a senior advertising and English double major. He can be reached for comments or questions at [email protected].