The audience listens to the engaging conversation of the panelists at the 2nd annual AAPI symposium.
AAPI symposium promotes allyship and community building
Grace Bair, Social Media Editor • April 26, 2024

Dedman Center, off-campus centers offer alternative options to spice up your workout routine

The weather is cold and classes are starting, so going for a run outside or getting to the gym is the last thing on students’ minds in January.

Also, finding a consistent workout routine can be hard when coming back from winter break, but with the new classes at the Dedman Center for Lifetime Sports, as well as numerous off-campus workout options, students can find fun ways to stay fit even when it’s cold outside.

“I love to workout and I try to get to the gym at least a couple times a week, but since coming back to school, with recruitment and getting ready for classes, I haven’t been able to work out at all,” junior Natalie Blankenship said.

The Dedman Center is offering many new and interesting Group X classes for the Spring 2011 semester, giving students multiple options when customizing their workout experiences.

Dedman already offers 23 classes, from heavy bag cardio combat to power yoga, Zumba, spinning classes, and six-pack abs. However, there are also 13 new fitness classes this semester.

The new classes include belly dancing, Vinyasa flow yoga, TRX body blast, abs and buns to the max, extreme body conditioning, ballet barre, core to the max, 5k training, water fitness, hip hop dance, kick n’ core, cardio body chisel and power pilates.

With this array of classes, students have endless options when it comes to choosing their workouts; and if they buy the unlimited Group X semester pass for $70, they can attend as many classes as they would like Monday through Sunday. Single pass classes are also available for purchase, and students can try classes for free during the first week.

With multiple options available, students should have no problem finding enjoyable and innovative ways to get a workout this semester.