Spring Break Behavior

Fashion With Fischer
 Spring Break Behavior
Spring Break Behavior

Spring Break Behavior

Well, spring break is officially over. And oh how quickly the week went by. Your nose and shoulders are still burned and you’ve got enough freckles to beat out Pippilongstocking at her own game. You’ve already turned your five rolls of film in, gotten them developed and put them in a photo album. Your suitcase is still sitting on the floor of your bedroom — or maybe it’s still in the front entrance where you only have two more days until you can zip it back up for Easter weekend.

You’ve had fun catching up with friends and sharing drunken stories from last week. Did you tell the one about the 16-year-old high school student pretending to be 18 years old so she could go back to your villa? Or how about the one where you won a free Cabo Wabo T-shirt when you took off the one you came in?

Spring break has grown into a showing of … well, pretty much anything. No such thing as indecent exposure in Mexico!

Contests have dropped any hope of gaining back your respectable reputation. MTV’s Spring Break has continued to gain a raunchy reputation, featuring “fantasy contests” with girls in French maid’s outfits (totally natural, of course. You mean you didn’t bring your maid outfit to the beach this year?) and enough dessert products to make an ice cream sundae very happy. 

So what were the top contests this year? The always-popular beer chugging was a winner for drunken afternoons. “Hardest Body” and the bikini contests turned into an embarrassing display of workout junkies. And who doesn’t love a good lap dance? That’s one way to find your next dance partner. And my favorite of embarrassing moments, the make-out contests where contestants grab the person next to them (regardless of gender) and show how well they, well, make-out of course! That’s one way to find your spring break hookup.

Puerto Vallarta seemed to be the popular hangout this break, with about half the SMU student population bumping into each other at every beach and bar. 

But apparently, SMU wasn’t the only school to hear about the P.V. hangout, as every high school senior was shaking their thang on the podiums and making out with every guy in sight (including some of you ‘stangers) before gracefully throwing up on the beach.

Spring break is a time of letting go, having fun and releasing a half-semester’s load of tension. It’s a time to go all out, becoming a BOD (or black out drunk for you amateurs) every night and acting like an all-out fool. So maybe you wouldn’t quite act like this at school, but what do you care? You’re on spring break!

Who was that last girl you were just talking to? Oh, who cares — you’re on spring break! What’s that? She’s in your accounting class. And she dated your roommate. And her best friend is your ex-girlfriend.

There’s the familiar trend of incestuous behavior at SMU. We knew it couldn’t be too far away. And now that you’re back at school, avoiding the drama that circled around last week is a must.

Stay classy, Dallas!