Police Blotter: Dec. 5 to 15

December 5

Criminal Mischief/Consumption of Alcohol by a Minor/Possession of Fictitious License or ID, 12:55 a.m., McElvaney Hall (6000 Bishop Blvd.): A student was issued a University Park citation for underage drinking  and for possessing a Fake ID. The student was also referred to the Student Conduct Office for Criminal Mischief. Closed.

Possession of Marijuana/Arrested on Warrants/Criminal Trespass Warning, 2:26 a.m., Park Cities Plaza (3000 Mockingbird): A non affiliated man was arrested for possession of marijuana and active warrants. Three non affiliated man were issued criminal trespass warnings. Closed.

December 6

No criminal incidents or fire alarms reported.

December 7

Off Campus – Robbery, 2:00 a.m., University Blvd. and Amesbury Drive: A student reported she was robbed of her purse at gun point at her apartment complex off-campus.  The Dallas Police Department is investigating this case. Open. Crime Alert issued.

December 8

December 9

Criminal Mischief/Burglary of Building, 8:13 a.m., 5800 Dublin/Construction Site: A contractor reported equipment was stolen from storages and tractors were damaged. The incident occurred sometime between 6:30 p.m. on Dec. 8 to 7 a.m. on Dec. 9. Open. 

Theft, 8:45 a.m., Heroy Science Building (3225 Daniel Ave.) A staff member reported theft of her wallet, containing credit/debit cards, Texas ID, security card, cash, medical insurance card and miscellaneous papers. The incident occurred on Dec. 7 between 1:30 p.m. and 5 p.m. Open.

Assault, 7:14 p.m., McFarlin Auditorium (6405 Boaz Lane) A non affiliated juvenile reported she was grabbed by her arms from behind by an unknown man. She broke free and the incident was reported to SMU police. Open. 

December 10

December 11

Consumption of Alcohol by a Minor, 12:20 a.m., Boaz Lot (3200 Binkley Ave.) A student was referred to the Student Conduct Office for underage drinking. Closed.

Public Intoxication/Evading Arrest or Detention/Possession of Fictitious License or ID/Failure to Identify, 12:30 a.m., Boaz Lot (3200 Binkley Ave.) A student was issued a University Park citation, arrested, booked into University Park jail and referred to the Student Conduct Office for being intoxicated in a public place, failing to identify and for evading arrest. Student will also be referred for possessing a fake ID. Closed.

Consumption of Alcohol by a Minor, 1:36 a.m., Phi Gamma Delta (3064 SMU Blvd.) A student was referred to the Student Conduct Office for underage drinking. Closed.

Possession of Marijuana/Possession/Delivery of Drug Paraphernalia, 2:07 a.m., McElvaney Hall (6000 Bishop Blvd.): A student was referred to the Student Conduct Office for possession of marijuana and for possession of drug paraphernalia. Closed.

Criminal Mischief, 3:28 p.m., Meadows Museum Garage (5900 Bishop Blvd.) A police officer reported a damaged exit gate arm. Open.

Criminal Mischief, 3:29 p.m., Binkley Parking Garage (3101 Binkley Ave.) A police officer reported a damaged exit gate arm. Open.

December 12

Failure to Identify; Fugitive from Justice/Arrested on Warrant, 3:08 a.m., Dyer Court Lot: A non-affiliated person was arrested and booked into Dallas County jail for failing to ID as a fugitive from justice and for two pending warrants from Collin County Sheriff’s Office. Closed.

December 13

Fire Alarm, 9:56 a.m., Beta Theta Pi House (3058 SMU Blvd.): University Park Fire Department responded to an active fire alarm. It was determined a smoke detector was activated by steam from the shower. The fire panel was reset and UPFD cleared with no further incident. Closed.

Burglary of a Building, 3:00 p.m., Mrs. Baird’s Bldg. (5230 E. Mockingbird) A contractor reported theft of copper. The theft occurred between 3 p.m. on December 12 and 7 a.m. on December 13. Open.

December 14

Theft, 2:15 p.m., Fondren Science Bldg. (3215 Daniel Ave.) A student reported theft of his SMU ID card. The theft occurred on Dec. 14 between 1 and 1:15 p.m. Open.

December 15

Possession of Alcohol by a Minor/Consumption of Alcohol by a Minor/Possession of Fictitious License or ID, 2:24 p.m., 3000 Dyer Ct.: A student was issued a University Park citation and referred to the Student Conduct Office for underage drinking and for possessing a fake ID. The student was also referred to the Student Conduct Office for being in possession of alcohol by a minor. Closed.