Pony profiles

Pony profiles
Pony profiles

Pony profiles

Name: Katy Joyce Blakey

Title: Miss. But if you mean an activities title…currently I’m Senior Class President. Also, I have been Sentae Membership Chair, Emerging Leader, AARO and Corral Leader, Delta Delta Delta Social Chair, but I am a Hunt and work on SMU-TV.

Hometown: McKinney

Number of years at SMU: 2 1/2 years

Favorite thing about SMU: I love feeling at home on campus and having the feeling that I know everyone, but yet I’m always meeting new people. I love meeting new Mustangs.

Favorite movie: “The Wizard of Oz.” People think I’m obsessed.

Favorite book: To Kill A Mockingbird (the virtues you wish America had); Jon Stewart’s America: The Book (How America really is)

Favorite athlete: Bob Morton, offensive lineman for the University of Notre Dame

Favorite food: My grandmother’s fried okra and Zucalo’s smokey and creamy queso

One piece of advice for SMU: Watch SMU-TV Channel 7 and Dedman College should automatically curve Professor Kobylka’s political science courses

Name three people you would like to have to dinner: Jon Stewart, Thomas Jefferson, Willie Nelson

Hobbies: Reading, running, listening to music

Horoscope sign: Sagittarius

Fondest childhood memory: I loved everyday I spent with my grandparents. From my grandma’s cooking to when my grandpa would start a baseball game for me involving the entire family — there are no two greater people I loved spending time with together.

Favorite song: I have several. But true Texas country and anything by Counting Crows or Pearl Jam.

Favorite quote: Eighty percent of success is showing up. – Woody Allen

Dream car: Since I drive a ‘90 Honda (my parents say it builds character), anything post ‘91 would be a dream.

Person who has influenced you the most: My mother. Not a day goes by where she doesn’t inspire me to be a better person. Everything in my life I owe to her.

Favorite sports team: The 1992, 1993 and 1995 Dallas Cowboys

One thing you would change about SMU: I wish on some nights we would pull the state school look and girls could go out in T-shirts. It’d help me save some money.

Dream job: Political correspondent for ABC News

One game show you would like to participate in: Where in the World is Carmen SanDiego? (circa 1994)

Favorite drink: Vanilla Dr. Pepper’s from BurgerHouse or my grandma’s sweet tea

Favorite city: Austin

Three items you could not live without: My pink comb, my music collection and chips and queso.

Birthdate: November 28, 1983

Name: Liz Healy

Title: Student Body Vice President; Student Body President-Elect

Hometown: Dallas

Number of years at SMU: 1.5 (sophomore)

Favorite thing about SMU: The people…and game days.

Your most embarrassing moment: Backing into a parked Porsche when I was 16.

Favorite movie: “National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation”

Last book you read: The Purpose Driven Life by Rick Warren

Favorite athlete: Dirk Nowitzki

Favorite restaurant: Al Biernat’s

One piece of advice for SMU students: Live it up! Take advantage of all of the amazing opportunities that SMU offers its students. You only get to experience college once.

Name three people you would like to have to dinner: George W. Bush, Lucille Ball, John Lennon

Hobbies: Kappa Kappa Gamma, Student Senate, traveling, Facebook, “The O.C.,” going to my ranch

Horoscope sign: Aries

Fondest childhood memory: Christmas mornings

Favorite song: “Tiny Dancer” by Elton John

Favorite quote: “Life moves pretty fast. If you don’t stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.” -Ferris Bueller

Person who has influenced you the most: My brother, Rogers. He’s always reminded me to be myself and never compromise who I am and what I believe in.

Favorite sports team: Dallas Mavericks

One thing you would change about SMU: School spirit! I wish more people would go to football games, basketball games, and other events we have.

Dream job: Oprah’s

One game show you would like to participate in: “The Price is Right” … classic.

Favorite drink: Caramel apple cider from Starbucks

Favorite city: London, England

Dream vacation: Cruise around the world

Three items you could not live without: Cell phone, my planner and my friends/family

Pets and their names/species: Addy- Great Dane, Maverick- Great Dane, Barkley- Standard Poodle

Greatest achievement to date: Being elected to serve two years as a Student Body Officer.

Birthdate: April 8, 1985

Today and tomorrow, Pony Profiles is featuring the newly elected student body officers and the senior class president. If you would like to nominate someone to be featured in Pony Profiles, please e-mail their name and e-mail address to [email protected].

Pony profiles