Get over it

Go to the game on Saturday and show your Pony pride

Go to the football game on Saturday!

This Saturday’s game against the Nevada Wolf Pack is thefinal opportunity this season for SMU fans to show their Pony prideand cheer the Mustangs on to a third victory.

Ed Board realizes that the recent change in procedure duringtailgating may discourage students from supporting Mustangfootball, but we feel it’s necessary to stop and think aboutthe fate of our school.

At the beginning of the semester there was an NCAA rulingstating that in order for a university to continue Division Istatus, average game attendance must be 15,000. This does not meannumber of tickets sold. This means number of tickets torn. We wantyour stubs!

It doesn’t matter if you’ve never been to a footballgame. It doesn’t matter if you care about the Boulevard. Thefact of the matter is, we’re all Mustangs and we couldpotentially lose something that is crucial to the success of bothour university and the value of our college experience.

Go to the game on Saturday!

Ed Board knows that the new Boulevard policy of having your IDchecked at the flagpole may be annoying, but what can you do when afederal agency comes to campus and enforces the law? The bottomline is, there is no logical arguement in defense of under-agedrinking. We understand the glory of having a beer or two on theBoulevard before a game and we appreciate the university’seffort to provide a unique tailgating experience, but we mustrespect the fact that the university is forced to uphold federallaw.

It’s unfortunate that some of the Greek chapters areunable to rent a tent for the Boulevard due to judicial sanctions,but you don’t have to mark your territory to enjoytailgating. Regardless of whether or not you choose to participatein pre-game activities, GO TO THE GAME!

When making your plans for the weekend, Ed Board urges you tothink about supporting your school. While we realize the new policycomes as a bit of a shock, get over it and think about the bigpicture.

Ed Board would like to reiterate the importance of maintainingDivision I status. Not only is it benificial for recruitment ofathletes and perspective students, but losing it would eventuallyaffect the value of an SMU degree.

We’ll see you at the game on Saturday!