Colorado musician set to play in new uptown coffeehouse

Are you in need of a low key night on the town, or just interested in seeing a good looking musician? Jonah Werner, a folk singer/ songwriter, will be in Dallas Thursday, Sept. 19. He will be playing a small show located at Crooked Tree Coffeehouse, 2414 Routh Street, from 8-10 p.m. Crooked Tree Coffeehouse is a small, charming spot in Uptown, and a great place to sit back and enjoy Werner’s music. No specific ticket price has been set, but there will be a $10 to $20 suggested donation box.

Werner, a native of Colorado, is now on tour in Texas and is planning to release a new album in the fall. Werner describes his music as “honest, innovative, and memorable”, and promises the audience will be moved by his music. He has released numerous albums including “Soul Set Free” (1998), “Derail” (2003), “Live at Boulder Theater” (2005), and “Better Things”(2006). Each has an innovative sound from the previous album. He has also appeared on several compilation albums featuring artists such as Bebo Norman, Vigilantes of Love, and Caedmon’s Call.

Werner’s music is heavily inspired by the people in his life. He focuses on relationships, the search for one’s identity, people’s joys and heartache, and beliefs. His concerts are much different than many concerts you will attend. They are inclusive and interactive. His songs are told in an abstract way leaving each audience member able to interpret the song as they wish.

He has toured all over the world, for audiences both large and small. Werner has headlined at “Metro” in Houston, “Jammin’ Java” in Nashville and “Flatirons Theater” in Boulder. He performs at small house concerts as well as larger venues. But, no matter how large the audience, Werner hopes his music connects to each person individually.

Werner plans to release his fifth album this fall. He says: “After ten years of writing and performing, my new songs are by far my favorites. I’m finally ‘coming into my own’ and realizing my niche as a singer and songwriter… I know my limitations but understand the expanse of my abilities more. I’m more honest with my music and less ‘formulated’. I’m anxious to share these songs with the world.”

For more information about his tour dates visit his Myspace or Facebook pages. For information on his upcoming Dallas concert contact Crooked Tree Coffeehouse at (214) 953-1142.