This week at a glance: Meadows Events

“Visiting Artist Lecture Series: Nicole Eisenman”

Artist Nicole Eisenman will be conducting a free lecture in the Smith Auditorium of the Meadows Museum tomorrow at 6:30 p.m. Eisenman’s paintings, drawings, and other works have been showcased in cities such as Berlin, Madrid and New York. For more information call (214) 768-2489.

Meadows Theatre

“The Overwhelming” by J.T. Rogers

Meadows Theatre will kick off the fall season starting tomorrow night in the Margot Jones Theatre. “The Overwhelming,” directed by Stan Wojewodski, focuses on an American professor who travels to Rwanda in search of a doctor who specializes in treating children with AIDS. The play originally debuted in America at New York’s Roundabout Theatre Company in fall 2007. Tickets are $7 for students, faculty and staff, $13 for adults and $10 for seniors.

CCPA Guest Lecture

“An English View of Abraham Lincoln”

London Parliament member Julian Brazier will give a free lecture on Sept. 25 in Smith Auditorium at 11 a.m. The lecture will detail the British perception of Abraham Lincoln and the Civil War. For more information call (214) 768-1574.

Meadows Museum

“Drawing the Line: Memory, Transformation and Duration in Modern European Art Practice”

SMU Associate Professor and Chair of Art History Dr. Janis Bergman-Carton will present a lecture in Smith Auditorium on Sept. 25 at 6 p.m. The lecture focuses on modern European drawing practices and their transformation from a Renaissance academic model. The lecture coincides with the Meadows Museum exhibition: “From Manet to Miró: Modern Masterpieces of Drawings” which is currently being shown until Dec. 2. For more information call (214) 768-4677.