Drum roll please…

SMU Board of Trustee member, Bobby B. Lyle, wins the Outstanding Trustee Award presented by Student Body President, Patrick Kobler, Monday evening.
MICHAEL DOOLEY/The Daily Campus

SMU Board of Trustee member, Bobby B. Lyle, wins the Outstanding Trustee Award presented by Student Body President, Patrick Kobler, Monday evening. (MICHAEL DOOLEY/The Daily Campus)

Last night faculty, staff and student leaders were celebrated for their commitment to SMU and the surrounding community during the 2010 Awards Extravaganza.

The annual event, which took place in the Hughes-Trigg ballroom featured many offices around campus who presented awards for exemplary service and leadership.
Faculty members were rewarded for excellence in teaching, and going above an beyond to help students in their learning endeavors. Staff members were thanked for their dedication to student life.

Top honor, or the “M” award, was presented to five faculty/staff members and ten students. The student recipients were Sylvia Bearden, Rob Hayden, Bailey Holyfield, Juliana Jones, Patrick Kobler, Stephanie Markman, Nicola Muchnikoff, Stephen Reiff, Warren Seay Jr. and Astrud Villareal.

The five faculty/staff members who were awarded the “M” awards were Missy Bryant, Dennis Foster, Betty Mchone, John O’Connor and Harold Stanley.

—From staff reports