Happy holidays

Enjoy winter break and have a safe trip home to the Hilltop in 2005

The signs are all around us: the wind has grown cold.

Christmas trees have sprung up everywhere they have room to stand. Colored lights wind their way up the pillars of Dallas hall like exotic, luminescent vines. Students scurry about campus with their noses buried in textbooks, studying for imminent exams.

Yes, the end of the semester is almost upon us and with it comes a slew of final exams, projects and the subsequent semester break.

This being the last issue of The Daily Campus for the semester, Ed Board would like to wish everyone a very merry holiday season and a happy new year.

2004 has been an interesting year, to say the least, so here’s to hoping 2005 will be similarly exciting. A new year is a chance to get a fresh start and try something new.

Ed Board realizes that New Year’s resolutions are clichéd, but give them a try anyway, and try to stick to them.

Self-improvement, even in the most insignificant ways, is never a bad thing.

But before you can do that, you’ve got to survive finals. This is an understandably difficult ordeal. Rumors of students who escape final week with their sanities intact remain unconfirmed. Just remember this: your body needs plenty of sleep. Caffeine deprives you of sleep. The two just don’t mix. It’s tempting to jam an IV full of coffee into your arm, open your textbooks and soar through the night on a caffeine buzz.

Yes, it’s certainly tempting, but trust Ed Board on this, you won’t remember half of it when morning comes, and you have to take the test.

It’s better to plan your time out and get the studying done early. It’s no fun, but hey, you only have to do it once a year, and then you get a whole month off. So bite the bullet and really study, you bunch of slackers.

For those of you graduating this semester, Ed Board wishes you the best of luck out there in the “real world.”

Go forth and make us proud.

You are now officially an alum, which must feel pretty weird. But you’ve graduated, and that’s cool!

Now get out there and show us that you really earned it.

To everyone else, have a safe holiday and we look forward to seeing you again in January.