Vampires, ‘cougars’ and Jay Leno prowl into primetime

Television networks are introducing a slew of new shows for their fall lineups. Check out this quick guide to figure out what to put on your DVR this year.

On ABC:“Cougar Town” A drama starring Courtney Cox as a middle-aged woman who has everything, except a young man. Premieres Wednesday, Sept. 23, 9:30/8:30c p.m.

“Shark Tank” A reality show in which people can pitch their money-making ideas to investors in the hopes of getting paid. The show comes out on Sunday, Aug. 30, at 9/8c p.m.

“The Forgotten” When the police give up on a crime, a group of ordinary people take it on and try to solve the case. It stars Reiko Aylesworth of “24.” The series premieres Tuesday, Sept. 22 at 10/9c p.m.

“Hank” In tune with this economy, Kelsey Grammer plays an out-of-work CEO who has to stay at home with the family he hasn’t been around for years. The series airs on Wednesday, Sept. 30, at 8/7c p.m.

“The Middle” A show about a middle class family in Indiana. ABC’s description says “the Hecks are a middle-class family living in the middle of Indiana, just trying to keep their heads above water.” The series premieres Wednesday, Sept. 30, at 8:30/7:30c p.m.

“Modern Family” A show about three modern families. It is filmed from a filmmaker’s point of view, similar to “The Office.” The premiere is Wednesday, Sept. 23, at 9/8c p.m.

“Eastwick” Based on John Updike’s novel, “The Witches of Eastwick.” This show is about three women with extraordinary powers. It stars Rebecca Romjin. The series premieres Wednesday, Sept. 23, at 10/9c p.m.

“Flash Forward”The world blacks out and can see parts of the future at the same time. The series premieres Thursday, Sept. 24 at 8/7c p.m.

On FOX:“Glee”The Fox Network says “Glee” is an hour-long musical comedy about a high school teacher who tries to inspire the Glee Club performers to make it to the biggest competition of all, Nationals. The series continues Wednesday, Sept. 9 at 9/8c p.m.

“Brothers” A retired NFL player, Michael Strahan, who lives the high life in New York City gets a phone call from his mother, ordering him home to Houston. He realizes that even though his life has changed, his family has stayed the same. Featuring the rekindling of a childhood rivalry between Strahan and his brother the series premieres Friday, Sept. 25, 8/7c p.m.

“The Cleveland Show”A spin-off of Fox’s popular series, “Family Guy.” The show centers on Cleveland Brown, who moves back to his hometown in Virginia with his son Cleveland, Jr. The show premieres Sunday, Sept. 27 at 8:30/7:30c p.m.

On NBC:“The Jay Leno Show”Featuring the former host of “The Tonight Show,” “The Jay Leno Show” is a modern-day variety talk show. The season premieres Monday, Sept. 14, at 10/9c p.m. “The Community”NBC says that the comedy is about a band of misfits who attend Greendale Community College. The series stars Joel McHale from E’s “The Soup,” as a lawyer whose degree has been revoked. The series premieres Thursday, Sept. 17, at 9:30/8:30c p.m.

“Trauma””Trauma” is another medical show, but it focuses on first responder paramedics. The network claims the show is an “intense, action-packed look at one of the most dangerous professions in the world.” The season premiere is Monday, Sept. 28 at 9/8c p.m. “Mercy””Mercy” is a hospital show that focuses on nurses. Veronica returns from a tour in Iraq and has learned more about medicine than any of the residents. With her fellow nurses, she deals with trauma both in and out of the hospital. The show airs Wednesday, Sept. 23 at 8/7c p.m.

On CBS:“Accidentally on Purpose”A woman gets pregnant by mistake after a one-night stand with a younger man. The show premieres Monday, Sept. 21 at 8:30/7:30c p.m.

“The Good Wife”After her husband is arrested in a sexual scandal, his wife, Julianna Margulies, goes back to work at a law firm. The series premieres Tuesday, Sept. 22 at 10/9c p.m.

“Three Rivers””Three Rivers” is a medical drama about an organ transplant team. The show airs on Sunday, Oct. 4 at 9/8c p.m.

On The CW:“Melrose Place”A remake of the ’90s drama, the new version stars Ashlee Simpson-Wentz. The show airs Tuesday, Sept. 8 at 9/8c p.m.

“The Beautiful Life”The show takes a look at the inner workings of the fashion world and stars Mischa Barton and Corbin Bleu from “High School Musical.” The series premieres Wednesday, Sept. 16 at 9/8c p.m.

“The Vampire Diaries”The show is based on a book series about two rival vampire brothers who are after the same girl. The series premiere is Thursday, Sept. 10 at 8/7c p.m.