Alpha Chi Omega dresses up to help

Tonight Alpha Chi Omega will host their third annual Alpha Chi Couture fashion show and silent auction. Proceeds from ticket sales and the auction will go to the Genesis Women’s Shelter and the Alpha Chi Omega Foundation.

Alpha Chi’s Iota Sigma chapter at SMU as well as Beta Kappa Beta, the Dallas alumnae chapter, presents Alpha Chi Couture.

“Over the past two years we have raised $25,000,” Alpha Chi Omega president Rachael Morgan said. “Our goal is to match that.”

The fashion show includes models from every panhellinic sorority and all of the IFC fraternities, except for the Kappa Alpha Order.

“TCU does this exact event in Ft. Worth,” Morgan said. “That’s where our inspiration came from, it is not a national event. The chapters have a little more leeway in what event.”

But the proceeds from any Alpha Chi Omega event go to their national philanthropy.

“Our philanthropy supports victims of domestic violence,” Morgan said. “October is Domestic violence awareness month and we are kicking that off with Couture.”

The clothes that will be presented are fashions from Lifestyle Fashion Terminal, LFT, in Victory Park as well as children’s fashions from Hip Hip Hooray located in Snider Plaza.

Jan Strimple will host the event. Strimple is a Dallas model who also worked as a producer. She has recently produced shows for Fashion in the Park at NorthPark.

Couture is tonight from 7-9 p.m. at Cityplace on Haskell Avenue. Current SMU students, faculty and staff can purchase tickets there for $25, general admission price is $60.