Crunch time on campus

Six Pack Abs Revealed

Think it’s too late to get sexy washboard abs? People are still crowding at the tanning pool, trying to get every last ray of the Texas summer sunshine. How do you get stunning sleek abs that will make everyone want to cover up and march right back into the gym? Read on and I’ll show you how…

Bicycle ManeuverTo start: Lie on a mat with your lower back in a comfortable position. Put your hands on either side of your head by your ears. Bring your knees up to about a 45-degree angle.

Movement: Slowly go through a bicycle pedaling motion, alternating your left elbow to your right knee, and switch.

Reverse Ab CurlTo start: Lie on the floor with your back relaxed and your hands on the floor by your hips. Keep your upper back pressed into the floor.

Movement: Contracting your abs, raise your butt and gently roll your hips off the floor, stopping when you feel a full contraction of the abdominals and can no longer lift your hips. Slowly return to the starting position.

Double CrunchTo start: Lie on the floor face up, bent knees (45-degree angle), both feet on the floor. Keep your hands behind your head.

Movement: Contracting your abdominals, raise your head and legs off the floor at the same time. Slowly return to the starting position, keeping your abs contracted. Keep your shoulders and hips from touching the floor.

Machine Hanging Knee RaiseTo start: Grasp a chinning bar with your hands shoulder-width apart and palms facing forward. Keep your upper body motionless throughout the exercise.

Movement: Contracting your abdominal muscles, raise your legs with bent knees while gently rolling your hips under, stopping when you feel a full contraction of your abs and can no longer lift your hips. You may get your knees to 90 degrees or higher, depending on your strength and flexibility.