Wall Street Journal places Cox EMBA program 15th in the world

The Cox School of Business further enhanced its international standing amongst top business schools earlier in the month. The Cox School’s executive MBA program received a number 15 ranking by the Wall Street Journal solidifying the school’s standing as consistently amongst the top MBA programs in the world.

The Cox School is the only school in Texas consistently ranked in the top 15 for its working professionals programs. The Financial Times, a British equivalent to the WSJ has the Cox EMBA program currently ranked at number 15 and the school’s professional MBA program as number nine in the world. Business Week has the EMBA and PMBA programs at number 11 and 13 respectively.

There are 10 schools that are consistently named as top EMBA programs that the Cox School shares company with. Schools such as Columbia, Wharton (University of Pennsylvania), Kellogg (Northwestern University), Chicago, Duke, Michigan, North Carolina Chapel Hill, Southern California and Emory.

“We are delighted that The Wall Street Journal has ranked the Cox School’s prestigious EMBA program as the best in Texas, and furthermore, as one of the top programs in the world,” said Albert W. Niemi, Jr., dean of the Cox School. “Our faculty, staff, current students and graduates work hard to make the Cox School the best it can be, and they deserve the credit for this recognition.”

The ranking was compiled based on three components: how a school scored in a survey of members of the most current graduating EMBA class; status in a survey of companies familiar with EMBA programs; and how well it imparted management and leadership skills identified as crucial in the student and company surveys.

The Cox EMBA program consists of 184 students and is the largest program in Texas.