Fashionistas enjoy a night on the town

Vogue seems to have made the impossible, possible with Fashion’s Night Out, the first worldwide shopping event Sept. 10.

In an effort to boost the retail industry hard hit by the economy, Vogue has paired up with NYC and Co. and the Council of Fashion Designers of America to plan the ultimate shopping excursion.

Retailers unite as cities across the nation and countries around the globe take part in the one-night-only shopping extravaganza.

Boutiques, department stores, mainstream chains and luxury names alike are keeping their doors open late tonight for a bevy of fun in-store festivities.

NorthPark and the Dallas Film Society are hosting a special screening of the film “Valentino: The Last Emperor,” a documentary chronicling legendary fashion designer Valentino Garavani as he exited his design house in 2008, at Cibus in NorthPark’s CenterPark.

A Q&A with Director Matt Tyrnauer starts at 7:40 p.m. and the movie shows at 8 p.m.

Stop by any Neiman Marcus in DFW for some fashion fun. Get in the game at Neiman’s NorthPark with a life-size version of Fashion Rules, the world’s very first fashion board game.

Other hot spots (to name a few) include Intermix, where you can grab a free $50 gift card, and Valentino, where you can sip champagne and enjoy hors d’oeuvres. 

Don’t forget to pick up an official Fashion’s Night Out designer tee – 40 percent of the proceeds will be donated to the National September 11 Memorial and Museum at the World Trade Center.