Gossip Girl returns for third season

Let’s recap last night’s season premiere of Gossip Girl.

Blair (Leighton Meester) continues to let Chuck treat her like dirt, Serena’s old habits continue to re-surface, Nate (Chace Crawford) hooks up with the worst woman he can meet and Dan (Penn Badgley) remains obsessed with Serena. It sounds like nothing has changed in the Upper East Side, but that’s what fans love.

After all, we all know the show would suck if Blair and Chuck (Ed Westwick) really loved each other and Serena became the well-behaved beauty, parents would love.

In the beginning, Chuck, rather predictably strays, but Blair bites at his heels, anxiously awaiting to be back in his presence. Pathetic, but that’s the Waldorf we love.

Chuck, drop the game of trying to get Blair caught in a threesome. We all know she’s never going to give in.

And who the heck is Chuck now? Staying in to be with Blair rather than hooking up with some hot model? The old Chuck needs to come back.

Last on the topic of Blair and Chuck, whatever that more than disturbing waiter fetish was, it needs to be written out of the script as soon as possible.

Nate hooks up with another socialite, another no-no, but yet he continues to appear alongside the Buckley girl throughout the show. Why doesn’t Nate just cut the crap and get back together with Serena?

As Serena (Blake Lively) and Carter leave the polo match on horseback, one has to wonder what exactly happened when Serena took off in search of her father. But that’s the thing with Serena, with her you’ll never know.

The paparazzi can follow Serena as long as she demands, but we all know money can buy anything and it already looks as if her family will do anything to buy the photographers off.

It’s heartbreaking Serena’s dad failed to acknowledge her when she went out searching for him, but does pretending to flash people really merit the type of attention she is trying to obtain?

Top the evening off with Vanessa kissing Dan and Serena’s suspected long-last brother and season three looks to be another fustercluck of drama, drama and more drama.