Help fight AIDS with (RED)

Edboard supports Bono’s (RED) products to help save lives.

Lately celebrities have been taking more than a small interest in certain causes affecting underdeveloped nations around the world, when it comes to adoption, destruction of land, and diseases.

You might have noticed recently a surge in products that are red, such as ipods, watches, credit cards, razor phones or shoes. The latest celebrity to jump on helping hand bandwagon is Bono and the work he is doing with AIDS. Diplomat and U2 front man Bono along with Bobby Shriver, chairman of DATA (Debt, AIDS, Trade, Africa) have come together to create project (RED) in order to raise awareness and money for The Global Fund.

They are teaming together with famous brands to produce (RED) projects, and a percentage of each product sold is given to the Global Fund.

All this money, meaning the full 100 percent, goes to help women and children affected by HIV/AIDS in Africa. Every year more then three million people die from AIDS, and of the 30 million people in infected Africa is home to 60 percent of that.

Ed-board fully supports any program raising money to give to those who cannot afford pills and cannot afford to take care of themselves when dealing with life-threatening and terminal illnesses. With an estimated 13 million children in Africa having already been orphaned, and women comprising the fastest growing population group living with HIV/AIDS the future is looking bleak for Africa. But Project (RED) is doing something about it.

Because of all the efforts scientists and environmentalists have done with AIDS research now those given a death sentence and a pat on the back ten years ago just have to take two pills a day now. But those are an extremely expensive two little pills a day.

All people see the commercials of small children in foreign countries up for adoption for 80 cents a day, and many shrug it off. Bono and DATA have come up with an ingenious way to make money, create products people already buy and sell them for a good cause.

In less then four years The Global Fund has provided financing 544,000 people with treats, 5.7 million with voluntary testing, 1.43 million with treatment for tuberculosis, 7.3 million people treated for malaria, and 11.3 million families with insecticide treated mosquito nets. All this coming from people here in the United States. just buying (RED) products.

So your going to buy a new phone next week? Buy a new (RED) product Razor phone. Save a life, its the cool thing to do.