Publication wins award

Coordinators of this year’s Mustang Corral received a special award from the National Orientation Director’s Association for their effort put into the creation of the “Mustang Manual.” The manual is a guide filled with facts and information about life on campus and in Dallas. The “Mustang Manual” received the 2007 Publication Showcase Award for Outstanding General Handbook (one or two colors).

The manual comes complete with addresses and phone numbers for hotels, restaurants and other locations, as well as facts and tips for ‘freshman survival’ including descriptions of various SMU facilities and staff. Other segments include a list of the Mustang Corral student leaders, academic facts, Greek life, and even a list of SMU’s available cable stations.

A copy of the ‘Mustang Manual’ was put on display in the Publications Showcase at the Hyatt Regency Dallas at Reunion, host of this year’s 2007 NODAC Publications Showcase Committee. The exhibit was open from noon to 4 p.m. on Oct. 27, and from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Oct. 28.

The “Mustang Manual” was completely student created and designed by members of the 2007 Mustang Corral Student Leaders group, led by coordinator Emily Sandvall. The manuals were passed out to first years and incoming transfer students that attended either of the two Mustang Corral locations at Lakeview and Glen Lake in August.