What are you thankful for?

What we at The Daily Campus appreciate the most

Here at The Daily Campus we have a huge variety of things to be thankful for. And while there are still many items on other lists we hope for at one point (like the end of constant amount of construction blocking almost nearly every path on campus), we are taking the time instead to reflect on all the many wonderful elements our campus provides us with.

The staff here is especially thankful for the Thanksgiving Break many students have already started to enjoy. While most of our free time will still be spent cramming for finals and cranking out 10-page papers, we can rest assured knowing we will have a small window of time to catch up on some much needed sleep. Also, let’s not forget the wonderful Fall Break we were given back after experiencing the painful fall semester last year sans a few days off. Thank you, SMU for hearing our pleas!

Just in time for all the holiday travel, Mockingbird Lane has finally reopened! Never mind the constant road closures and other construction projects taking over every inch across campus, it is after all, in effort to make our campus even more beautiful. Just think, without all the construction, we wouldn’t have the beautiful new parking garage or new water fountain being built outside the Airline garage. The plan for a new crosswalk by Sorority Row that so many students have requested has also been put into action. Thank you, SMU for making all of our recommendations a reality.

In conjunction with all the new construction, the staff is also thankful for the new Einstein Bagels in Cox and the late-night hours of Java City. Along with a great staff, we are so thankful Java City is open late to help us get through those late nights at the paper. Now, if only we could get Einstein to stay open till midnight.

As fall comes to an end and the winter weather arrives, we are also thankful football season is (finally) coming to an end. We love the Mustangs, but we’re sick and tired of losing. With basketball getting back into Moody, we can be thankful for the fresh talent of both the men’s and women’s teams on the court.

We want to also thank the university for their unwavering effort in organizing the “Unbridled” campaign. Never has so much hard work and determination seen such great results. The ceremony and contributions are tremendous, and the entire student body should appreciate all the effort that went into making this program such a huge success.

Finally, we think everyone can agree we are most thankful for having only six days of classes left. Yes, we all realize we still have to get through a week of finals, but just think , in less than a week you wont to think about that history class, battle the construction along Sorority Row or hear about another embarrassing football loss from your friend at Tulsa, until next semester.